WeConservePA plans to offer a two-day Leave No Trace trainer course in partnership with instructors from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy this fall. We seek an organization to host this training on two consecutive days during the week of September 12. Participants in the two-day trainer course will learn Leave No Trace skills and ethics as well as techniques for educating others about these low impact practices. Graduates of a trainer course are prepared to offer Leave No Trace Awareness workshops to their own community. Host organizations will receive host credit in communications around the event, as well as 1 complimentary registration.
Host location needs:
- Availability on two consecutive days between Monday, September 12 and Saturday, September 17
- A classroom space that can accommodate up to 12 (10 participants and 2 instructors).
o Access to a projector, screen, and whiteboard preferred.
- A greenspace for outdoor training that can accommodate up to 12 (10 participants and 2 instructors).
o Access to a trail is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Access to camping facilities either on-site or nearby to recommend to participants is ideal, but not necessary. (This session will be a two-day training with no overnight camping requirement).
Host location duties:
- Provide a list of recommended caterers or restaurants to arrange food delivery.
- Provide a list of recommended camping/lodging options nearby.
- Coordination of food delivery and set-up on-site.
- Coordination of classroom set-up, tear-down, and AV on-site.
Contact Carol Grayshaw ([email protected]) to express interest.