New Jersey Future
New Jersey Future (NJF) seeks an experienced communications professional and strategic thinker with a racial and social justice lens to guide the organization’s communications strategy and oversee
its expanding communications and marketing activities. The communications manager will coordinate a collaborative communications team and work closely with the organization’s other directors and staff to amplify and increase public awareness and understanding of New Jersey Future’s work and to advance diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice. This position reports directly to the executive director.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans.
- Write and edit articles, op-eds, newsletter messages, blog posts, direct emails, etc.
- Manage communications staff and all communications work to make sure all materials have consistent messaging and branding.
- Direct work involving communications-related technology platforms used for website development, email marketing, internal communications, social media strategy, and outreach.
- Oversee all external communications deliverables—including newsletters, emails, and web content—and conduct quality control on all communications.
- Guide staff in creating communications plans and compelling messaging.
- Seek proactive opportunities to communicate about NJF work at the local, state, and national levels, including developing and managing media relations.
- Assist with the writing and editing of grant proposals.
- Work closely with development and marketing, including communications work related to NJF events and social media.
- Work closely with government affairs, including communications work related to advocacy, media, press strategy, and releases.
- Provide writing and speaking guidance and training for staff as needed.
- Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
- Excellent verbal, written, and digital communication skills.
- The technological knowledge and ability to manage communications work on a variety of digital platforms.
- Demonstrated success in directing strategic communications plans.
- Experience managing individuals and teams.
- Media relations experience, including press release and op-ed writing.
- A working knowledge of systemic inequities, including an understanding of the historical context and root causes of these inequities.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience with justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion policies and practices and employment of these values.
- Comfortable with self-reflection, willing to learn, and capable of working through conflict honestly and openly.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a compelling manner.
- Demonstrated track record of working well in a diverse team environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment.
The salary for this position is in the range of $60,000 to $75,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. This is a full-time position with benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long term disability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected]. If selected to advance, one or more writing samples will be required.