New Jersey Future
New Jersey Future seeks an experienced communications professional who is a skilled, organized, and motivated writer and editor to support the organization’s expanding communications and marketing activities. The Communications Specialist will work within a collaborative team environment to implement and manage program-specific and general organizational communications plans and strategies. This position will report to the Director of Communications.
- Manage editorial calendar, including newsletter schedule and contents.
- Coordinate, create, and disseminate daily news summary for NJF supporters and key stakeholders.
- Supervise social media schedule and content.
- Create written content including blog posts, op-eds, press releases and statements, event-related materials, etc.
- Copy edit all organizational materials, including blog posts, reports, newsletters, and grant proposals.
- Manage program-specific communications plans and schedules.
- Maintain and supervise adherence to the organization’s writing style guide.
- Manage media relations activities, including media contact lists.
- Work closely with Communications and Development Coordinator to ensure website is current.
- Seek proactive communications opportunities to grow awareness of the organization’s work.
- Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copy editing.
- Media relations experience, including press release and op-ed writing.
- Demonstrated track record of working well in a diverse team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to organize project tasks and work independently.
- Familiarity with email marketing software.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The salary for this position is in the range of $42,000 to $52,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. This is a full- time position with benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability.
New Jersey Future employees are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees may return to the office in Trenton, NJ when it is determined to be safe. All interviews will be conducted remotely.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected] If selected to advance, one or more writing samples will be required.