Community Event Coordinator
COMMUNITY EVENT COORDINATOR
Department: Community Impact – Development & Marketing
Reports To: Vice President of Development & Marketing
Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Pay: $19 – $21 per hour
Who we are and what we do:
The Lancaster Conservancy is a 501(c)3 private, non-profit land trust accredited by the Land Trust Alliance. The Conservancy has been successfully preserving and stewarding natural lands in Lancaster & York Counties for over 50 years, culminating in a portfolio of 8,000+ acres across almost 50 nature preserves. Recently, the Conservancy has significantly increased its pace in preserving the remnants of interior forest and other natural landscapes within the Susquehanna Riverlands and Pennsylvania Highlands bioregions of Lancaster and York Counties. The Conservancy’s greatest success is its proven ability to connect individually preserved parcels into broad conservation areas; it has done so through strategic land acquisitions, stewarding existing forest, and restoring degraded ecosystems.
The Community Event Coordinator joins the Lancaster Conservancy’s Community Impact Department in all aspects of key engagement event coordination to include partner, vendor, and attendee communication, sponsor development, event logistics, and administration, including budgeting and reporting. This individual will help ensure that community relation efforts will educate and activate our current constituency and grow our membership, as well as celebrate successes towards our mission. The Community Event Coordinator position is based out of the Conservancy’s headquarters in Lancaster, PA and is a part-time and hourly position not to exceed 30 hours a week, excluding major event weeks where additional hours may be required and will be pre-approved, and reports to the VP of Development & Marketing.
- Work with Community Impact Department to provide the planning, logistics coordination, implementation, and reporting of engagement events including Lancaster Water Week and Trail Fest (new for 2024).
- Manage event committees, volunteers, sponsors, partners, and vendor relationships on assigned events, as well as in coordination with other Community Impact department team members.
- Manage and track assigned event budgets, ensuring accurate reporting.
- Ensure exceptional attendee experience from start to finish on assigned events, while meeting organizational goals.
- Assist both the Education & Engagement Team and the Development Team as needed with logistics, support, and administration of other engagement and fundraising events.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager on content and timeline for event-related communication and marketing pieces across multiple mediums including social media, website, email, newsletter, print, and other media as directed.
- Coordinate registration and event management system administration as well as attendee or volunteer communications prior to and after events.
- 2-3 years of experience coordinating high-level events that include multiple partners required.
- Passion for the environment and land conservation.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment especially during event execution required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Extreme attention to details, ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, and goal oriented.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position with competitive pay.
The Lancaster Conservancy is headquartered in Lancaster City, PA. This position requires occasional nights and weekends during event execution. Travel is required as necessary within Lancaster and York counties for events and meetings. A valid driver’s license is required.
Lancaster Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to Apply
Interested, qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Jess Brown at [email protected] by Wednesday, November 29. Please list your last name plus Community Event Coordinator as the email’s subject line (i.e. Lastname Community Event Coordinator).