Delaware Valley Education Coordinator
Pasa Sustainable Agriculture
Cultivating environmentally sound, economically viable, and community-focused farms and food systems.
This is a part-time support position for Pasa’s education and research activities occurring primarily in the eastern region of Pennsylvania. The position will work in concert with the Delaware Valley Program Manager, and will be focused on coordination of Pasa’s two farm apprenticeship programs, in-person and virtual farmer-to-farmer exchange events, and support for Pasa’s annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference. Other tasks include serving as a field technician for select farm-based research projects and maintaining digital communications through various avenues including email, telephone, and virtual conferencing. This is a primarily remote position with some in-office workdays and monthly in-person all-staff meetings, when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. The position will also require 1-3 days per month of in-state travel for farm visits and farmer-to-farmer exchange events. All employees are required to attend our annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference, which takes place each February in Lancaster, PA. Employee must comply with Pasa’s remote employee policies.
- Timely and consistent communication with Delaware Valley Program Manager and other Pasa staff, as appropriate
- Timely and consistent attention to ongoing external communications, as well as internal
- Administrative tasks (project tracking, record keeping)
- Coordinating apprentice/host farm pairs for Pasa’s dairy grazing and vegetable farming apprenticeship programs
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating in-person and online educational programming, including programming for Pasa’s annual conference
- Aiding farm-based research project outreach to farmers and data collection
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Practical agricultural experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with Google Suite and basic digital software applications
- Skilled in verbal and written communications
- Flexible, team-first attitude
- Managerial experience in specialty crop production and/or dairy
- Established connection to the focus region (Delaware Valley)
This is a part-time (estimated 30 hours per week) salaried, primarily remote, position through April 2022, with the possibility for continued or increased employment thereafter considering organizational needs and funding availability. Negotiable annual compensation is $24,000–$30,000 depending on skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to [email protected] by March 12. The anticipated start date for this position is April 1, 2021.