New Jersey Future
New Jersey Future seeks a skilled, organized, and motivated individual to provide support for activities in development (fundraising/marketing), administration, and communications. The Development Associate will work within a collaborative team environment on a variety of tasks, including fundraising and sponsorships, database and email list management, website updates, and event and administrative support. This position will report to the Director of Development and Outreach.
The Development Associate will be engaged in three primary areas of work. The rough breakout and specific responsibilities are:
- Assisting with outreach and follow-up with donors including event sponsors, funders, and individuals.
- Event support assisting with updating planning documents, coordinating speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and vendors, on-site event set-up, virtual event portals, etc.
- Basic formatting of PowerPoint presentations and preparing correspondence.
- Research support in the area of communications, marketing, and fundraising as needed.
- Creating and maintaining accurate and current databases and email lists using assorted software platforms including donor and email management systems.
- Assist with administrative functions including human resources, office management, IT support, file organization, and other tasks.
- Board of Trustees support including meetings, on-boarding, and maintaining related documents.
- Scheduling and supporting meetings and events including invites, logistics, materials, note taking, and on-site support as needed.
- Assisting with social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including development of content, including images, and scheduling of posts.
- Assisting with web content updates, including copy and graphics, for various sites.
- Provide additional project support as needed.
- Minimum of two years of work experience with a demonstrated track record of working well in a team environment.
- Solid organizational skills, including ability to organize project tasks, manage multiple contact lists, and work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
- A demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated track record of interacting and coordinating with a diverse group of individuals.
- Knowledge and experience working with an email provider (such as Constant Contact); design software (such as Adobe or Canva); and database software.
- Solid skills in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Associate’s degree required.
The salary for this position is in the range of $33,000 to $40,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. This is a full-time position with benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability.
New Jersey Future employees are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees may return to the office in Trenton, NJ when it is determined to be safe. All interviews will be conducted remotely.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected]g.