Development Operations Manager
New Jersey Audubon
The Development Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the overall operations of the Development department office, including direct supervision of staff overseeing the organization’s membership processing, gift entry, prospect research, Raisers Edge database and administrative support. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Development & Communications.
- Manages day to day operations of Development department office, including full and part time staff members (membership processing, data entry, reporting, and gift processing), volunteers, and outside consultants and/or vendors using discretion and independent judgment.
- Assigns work, guides, and motivates staff. Resolve personnel problems with guidance from supervisor and if needed Human Resources.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Development & Communications in creating and implementing development operation procedures, policies, and strategies.
- Responsible for NJ Audubon (NJA) data administration (Raiser’s Edge) donor database and records.
- Assures integrity of data and records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding etc.
- Manages and resolve fundraising database issues by effectively managing relevant aspects of the database support process.
- Ensures procedures are in place to check the quality of data entered into Raiser’s edge.
- Oversees NJA gift acknowledgement processes.
- Assists with prospect research for major gift prospects.
- Works closely with Finance Department on bank deposits and account reconciliation.
- Budget Management.
- Participates with other staff to adopt a “team” approach towards daily operations at assigned center.
- Assumes additional administrative responsibilities as requested to support the department and the organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- Two – three years of experience in management/supervisory positions in Development field.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database (or other donor management system) with strong analytical skills, understanding of database and giving trends analysis, and back-office functions related to gift processing, data entry and reporting.
- High energy and passion for NJ Audubon’s mission.
- Demonstrated budgeting and finance skills.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in fundraising. membership, online giving and social media trends in fundraising.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to relate to and motivate a diverse range of people, exercise cultural competence and inclusion, and accept direction and constructive feedback.
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently in the execution of their responsibilities while collaborating with other staff and organizations with the ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
- Strong professionalism and work ethic with the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet deadlines and needs of the department and organization, including availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces and be able to lift at least 25 pounds, in order to participate in special events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle in NJ.
Starting Date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled
How to Apply
Application: Qualified individuals may apply by sending resume with cover letter, and three professional references to Human Resources via email to [email protected]
New Jersey Audubon are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply. The New Jersey Audubon Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.