Educator (Tour Guide) – Part Time
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC), at our Fallingwater location, seeks a highly motivated person who will provide customer service and tells the story of Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright and the history of this UNESCO World Heritage site to our visitors as an Educator (Tour Guide).
- Interprets Fallingwater and aspects of grounds through guided tours.
- Assists in monitoring the house and artifacts to protect from damage and theft, and reports incidents to appropriate staff.
- Supports the Conservancy’s mission, cost containment, fundraising efforts and needs, as applicable.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Continually refines own tours based on training, literature, self-study and information provided
- Thorough knowledge of Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright and WPC and/or ability to gain and retain content knowledge
- Ability to design tours and adjust as new information becomes available
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Previous experience as an interpreter or docent and/or experience teaching in informal or museum settings preferred
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Flexibility with schedule and hours
- Proficiency at computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and database programs)
Location: The position is based at Fallingwater in Mill Run, Pa.
Position Duration: This is a regular/seasonal part-time position.
Pay: We offer a competitive salary.
How to Apply
Application Process: Please send a letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] and list Educator in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Until filled