Events and Administration Coordinator (Philadelphia Office)
Pennsylvania Environmental Council
The Events and Administration Coordinator (Coordinator) is a full-time exempt position but other arrangements may be considered for the ideal candidate. The Coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of the Philadelphia Environmental Partnership Dinner and the Environment Ride; the cultivation and tracking of event sponsors and partner relationships; coordinating PEC’s statewide events team; supporting the Executive Vice President (EVP) in the coordination and tracking of PEC’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts; providing administrative support to the EVP and office coordination for the Philadelphia office. The Coordinator reports to the EVP.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the annual Philadelphia Environmental Partnership Dinner and the annual PEC Environment Ride including coordinating with the President, EVP and board Development Committee to cultivate sponsor, partner, and donor relationships to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Work with EVP to implement PEC’s DEI strategy; maintain statistics regarding PEC’s DEI initiatives to track progress and report on outcomes.
- Coordinate PEC’s statewide signature fundraiser and special events team.
- For select high-visibility events, assist program staff statewide with logistics and track support.
- Set-up campaigns in Abila FR50 related to fundraising events and maintain sponsorship, donor, and partnership information in the database.
- Support Philadelphia office, which may include opening/distributing mail, answering phones, ordering supplies, vendor relations, landlord communications, and providing general support to other staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Preferred Skills
- Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Office applications and donor database.
- Experience planning events including event logistics, contractor management, and stewarding sponsors.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and awareness of, as well as commitment to, contemporary issues of diversity equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of administrative and data management procedures and practices.
- Prepare schedules and manage teams and resources towards deadlines to achieve objectives, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as, part of a team, as the driver of the process.
- Ability to be flexible regarding daily work tasks.
- Exhibits good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, or in locations other than Philadelphia, as reasonable and necessary for performance of Position Activities.
A bachelor’s degree is recommended but not required. The successful candidate should have at least 3-5 years of event coordination, sponsor cultivation, database management, and administrative experience, as well as a passion for the environment, sustainable development, diversity & equity, and Pennsylvania.
This is a salaried position commensurate with experience and includes an attractive benefits package (medical benefits, vacation, holidays, 403(b), life insurance, et cetera).
PEC’s Philadelphia Office is located at 1315 Walnut Street, Suite 532, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Position will be required to work remotely for at least the first few months of employment. Occasional travel to other locales in the region and state will be required, but vehicle ownership and driver’s license are not required.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume, and any salary requirements to [email protected].