Facilities Project Manager
Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art
Reports To: Director of Facilities & Security
Functions as part of the Facilities team. Develops and manages facility repair and capital improvement projects, including the planning, organization, and coordination of construction design and engineering, including bidding and project implementation. Monitors budgets to ensure project expenditures and scope of work are maintained. Provides technical support and manages all aspects of facility repair and capital construction projects. Oversees consultants, contractors and staff performing facility repairs and capital construction work.
Works closely with other staff members in all departments.
- Coordinates and prepares facility services and construction specifications and bid documents. Coordinates pre-bid and pre-construction conferences. Drafts Request for Proposals (RFP) and develops scope of work. Negotiates contracts, selects consultants and administers contracts for consulting architects, engineers, contractors, and project management resources. Ensures compliance with construction plans and specifications.
- Supervises and coordinates the design and permit process and work of contractors, engineers, architects, design professionals, and other personnel to assure the efficient and economical use of funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time. Reviews work for compliance with contract documents and appropriate guidelines, laws, and regulations.
- Monitors assigned project budget summaries assuring expenditures are within approved budget, tracking changes to the contract documents that may result in change orders. Makes recommendations to the Facilities Director as necessary. Assists with project financial reports, accounting, and grant reimbursement. Prepares project budgets and assists with budget development, as requested. Monitors and ensures all requirements of grants and contracts are met.
- Contracts and supervises assigned outside services, vendors, or contractors required for the maintenance and upkeep of the facility repair and capital projects.
- Maintains appropriate preventative maintenance procedures for all facility fire, security, and support equipment. Documents and prioritizes related repairs.
- Inspects building structures to determine the need, priority and cost of repairs or renovations.
- Review utility consumption and provide recommendations to minimize costs.
- Maintains as-built plans and property drawings for all BCMA department-managed properties.
- Performs backup and other related project duties as assigned.
- Assists with emergency response—flood, snowstorms , etc.
- AA or BS degree in relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related facilities project management experience.
- Experience in contracting and supervision of various types of contractors.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical/critical thinking.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the workplace and to such other sites as may be necessary.
- Must have valid drivers’ license.
- Willingness to commit such hours as necessary to manage responsibilities.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to Julianne Ruocco at [email protected]