Farmland Preservation Program Assistant – Part Time
Cumberland County - Planning Department
Cumberland County is looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join their team. This position will provide administrative and technical support to the Farmland Preservation Program and as well as assistance on a variety of land use and environmental planning projects.
- Assists with the processing, evaluation and rating of applications for conservation easement purchase using Geographic Information Systems.
- Prepares mapping, real estate, legal, and financial documentation required for conservation easements in concert with senior staff and property owners for submission to and approval by the State Agricultural Land Preservation Board.
- Conducts annual inspections of agricultural conservation easements and enforces the terms of the agricultural conservation easements where needed.
- Prepares and distributes communications to prospective applicants and answers questions regarding program requirements.
- Prepares and maintains official minutes and correspondence for Agricultural Land Preservation Board activities.
- Implements a record retention and management strategy for the Farmland Preservation Program.
- Attends meetings, training, and seminars as required to retain professional certifications.
- Carries out various special projects or special assignments as required.
- Interacts with the Agricultural Land Preservation Board members, landowners and agricultural stakeholders to implement the farmland preservation program.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- 4 year college degree required in environmental science, agriculture, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in agriculture, public administration or land use planning. Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft products for word processing (Word), databases (Access), spreadsheets (Excel) and email (Outlook).
No benefits offered with this part-time position.
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
How to Apply
Apply online here.