Major Gifts Administrator
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC) seeks a highly motivated person as its Major Gifts Administrator who will be responsible for the coordination of corporate, foundation and individual proposals and appeals, processes leadership giving renewal letters and acknowledgements, and acts as point of first contact for handling donor phone calls. This position will also assist the director of development and vice president of Institutional Advancement with administrative functions.
- Administers Benefactor ($500+) and Leadership Circle ($1,000+) appeal program for renewals, lapsed reinstatements, and upgrades, community gardens program renewals, and other significant donor communication and acknowledgement letters.
- Enters and tracks gifts of $500+ in Salesforce.
- Coordinates all corporate and foundation proposals and reports in conjunction with development staff, program staff, and President/CEO; reviews major donor proposals and reports and compiles attachments and information as needed. Tracks deadlines for grants and ensures that program staff know of due dates.
- Writes/handles special acknowledgement letters for signature by executives, board members or key volunteers.
- Acts as a first point of contact to both internal and external constituent phone calls and emails. Handles the inquiry or assists with connecting the donor with the appropriate individual.
- Handles advanced queries, new report creation, and other higher-level Salesforce data base information needs.
- Provides administrative support to Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Director of Development.
- Assists Director of Development in administering planned giving program. Runs monthly planned giving activity reports. Tracks planned giving activity, including inquiries and commitments, in Salesforce and reports regularly on progress.
- Maintains and manages electronic and paper filing systems, including gift acknowledgements, awards letters and other relevant documents.
- Assists Director of Development with special projects and other special leadership giving opportunities, as needed.
- Assists in planning and executing member events and donor publications as needed.
- Provides back-up coverage for front desk reception and Donor Services Associate particularly in area of gift processing on occasional basis.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills are required
- Must have strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential material
- Must possess good computer skills; experience with MS Office software required and Salesforce preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 years of experience in high-level administrative position, ideally in a fundraising setting
- Ability to work well both independently and cooperatively within a team
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and short or unanticipated deadlines
Location: The position is based in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Position Duration: The is a regular full-time opportunity with full benefits.
Pay: Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to [email protected] and list Major Gifts Administrator in the subject line.