North Branch Land Trust
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary of Position
The North Branch Land Trust is a small non-profit land conservation organization that works with landowners and their communities to conserve the scenic, natural and working landscapes in Northeastern Pennsylvania that sustain us. Using the Land Trust Alliance Standards & Practices as a template and example, the Office Administrator will ensure that all aspects of the day-to-day administrative functions of the office are running smoothly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Financial record keeping
- Record all financial transactions on QuickBooks software. Monthly – summarize investment activity and record transactions in QuickBooks.
- Prepare checks received for deposit, including assembling supporting documentation.
- Timely deposit funds into the appropriate bank accounts and reconcile bank accounts at month end.
- Maintain existing records to track unspent balances of restricted funding and update as needed.
- Daily – Enter vendor invoices received into QuickBooks.
- Weekly/biweekly – prepare open invoice list and forward with open invoices to executive director for approval.
- Prepare checks for approved invoices and submit for signature.
- Mail signed checks and file paid invoices in a timely manner to avoid late fees and finance charges.
- Summarize employee working hours and enter into payroll system for processing of bi-weekly payroll. Track staff vacation, personal, etc.
- Maintain file of all memberships and registrations (Non-Profit, etc.) including renewal dates, costs/fees, etc., of the Land Trust, as well as a spreadsheet of due dates, contact, addresses and other relevant information for these records.
- Maintain file of all executed contracts of the Land Trust as well as a spreadsheet of all contracts with amounts and end dates listed for each contract.
- Provide requested data to auditors in a timely manner for annual audit and work with auditors to answer any questions.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Development Coordinator to ensure that all donations in Blackbaud are properly recorded and tracked.
- Support budgeting process as needed with Board, staff and consulting CPA.
- Submit reports and assist in preparation of proposals and presentations as needed.
- Assist with Land Trust Accreditation and coordination with Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices, as needed.
- Additional tasks as needed.
2. Board and Committee Meetings and Information
- Collect, post and/or otherwise distribute materials for Board and Committee Meetings in a timely manner. (Note: Financial Board reports will be prepared by CPA.)
- Coordinate logistics of board meetings including scheduling with venues and arranging necessary food & beverage and/or audio-visual.
- Attend Board and Committee Meetings, as needed, and record minutes.
- Review and update Board member files as needed, including contact information, election charts, meeting attendance, and required documents.
- Ensure all Board related documents that need annual attention are updated including financial accounts documents, Conflict of Interest Forms, Confidentiality Forms, and Licenses and Permits.
3. Office Management
- Keep up to date EXCEL spreadsheets relative to office equipment, related contracts/agreements for due dates and supplies.
- Create, maintain, and update regularly both a hard copy binder and online database of all costs, contracts agreements, etc.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair as needed.
- Ensure all staff related documents that need annual attention are updated including financial accounts documents, Conflict of Interest Forms, Confidentiality Forms, and Licenses and Permits.
- Work with all staff members and the Board to ensure that calls and inquiries are brought to the attention of the appropriate staff in a timely fashion.
- Schedule meetings for staff and outside parties, using various technologies such as Doodle Polls, etc.
- Answer the land trust phone and respond to emails. Direct inquiries to appropriate staff member in a timely manner. Assist with various office services.
- Manage arriving packages and other forms of correspondence.
- Welcome and direct visitors to the office.
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation to and from the Dallas office.
- Ability to work from home when needed, and upon agreement with supervisor.
- Knowledgeable with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling tools such as TEAM, Doodle Polls, and ZOOM; and, Payroll Service Software.
- Ability to learn new programs as needed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. More info can be found at: https://nblt.org/. Position will remain open until filled.