Parks and Trails Facilities Manager
The Parks and Trails Facilities Manager is responsible for managing, planning and implementing all maintenance activities as well as capital project planning, design and construction for all County Parks, Trails, related facilities, and other assigned County properties and facilities. This position is responsible for supervising and utilizing Facilities parks maintenance and capital projects staff, and outside consultants and contractors. The position is responsible for managing projects that include new construction to expand, renovate or replace existing facilities, and activities needed to ensure that county-owned parks, trails, facilities, other assigned facilities, natural resources, and properties are safe and properly maintained.
The employee in this position is classified as an essential employee and may be required to work when the County offices are officially closed due to inclement weather, natural disaster, other emergency situations, etc., beyond normal hours, weekend/holiday work as required.
Requires completing documentation granting permission for the County of Chester to obtain a 3 year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
A criminal background check is required.
- Ensure that all buildings, grounds and equipment are well maintained and kept in a safe condition
- Manage and supervise all routine, preventative and emergency maintenance; develop plans and tasks to ensure appropriate use of the staff, supplies, equipment and parts.
- Supervise staff to complete planning, design, bidding and construction of parks and trails capital projects and work closely in coordination with and utilization of Facilities projects management staff and resources.
- Supervise the various parks and trails maintenance and farm animal care teams.
- Supervise and coordinate a wide variety of construction and renovation projects.
- Recommend, develop and implement procedures for best process/practices at facilities and project sites under direct supervision.
- Respond to daily work requests.
- Coordinate and communicate with County Parks and Preservation staff to ensure efficient operations for parks and trails related maintenance, capital projects, parks fund budgeting, and other initiatives. .
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Facilities staff to share staff expertise and resources, and to plan, schedule and have Facilities Parks Maintenance staff perform routine grounds maintenance, snow removal, and other maintenance support assistance needed at other County facilities.
- Interact with landscape architects, engineers, and building code officials regarding County facilities and projects.
- Represent County at project agency and municipal review meetings such as planning commission, zoning hearing board, historic and architectural review boards, etc.
- Closely coordinate capital projects staff with Facilities project management staff for assistance as needed, and to support other Facilities projects as time allows.
- Monitor and track all work using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment to determine the need for repair or maintenance.
- Serve as lead contact person for external contractors and vendors.
- Establish and ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Maintain records and files of projects.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the budget as related to parks and trail maintenance, capital projects, and staffing.
- Establish goals and evaluate staff performance.
- Produce, distribute and maintain reports and records.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects, as required.
Qualifications/Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of eight years of job-related experience in a position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of five years of project management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of construction and maintenance procedures and activities (for example, site work, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical work).
- Strong working knowledge of project planning, design, permitting, bidding and construction.
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications and blueprints.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity.
- Working knowledge of the County Code and procurement policies and procedures for contracting and bidding purposes.
- General understanding of building codes, safety regulations and statutes.
- A valid Class A driver’s license is required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong phone etiquette skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Five years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to use machines and equipment related to the upkeep of county properties.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of in-house work order procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- General knowledge of county policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management and/or PROCORE Construction Management Programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Intermediate Word skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Intermediate Outlook skills (Email and Calendar)
- Intermediate Internet Explorer skills for research purposes
How to Apply