Green Valleys Watershed Association
The Preserve / Horticulture Manager is responsible for the care, maintenance, and positive improvements at Welkinweir, a 224-acre arboretum and nature preserve, located in northern Chester County. This is a full time position. The primary duties will be the daily maintenance and upkeep of the property – the arboretum, nature preserve, trails, and buildings. As an essential position, must be available to participate in all emergencies, including but not limited to storm cleanup, ice and snow removal. Availability for evenings, weekends, and holiday work, as needed, will be required to successfully fulfill the obligations of the position. Reports to Executive Director.
- Bachelor of Science in Plant Science, Environmental Science, or other related field
- Demonstrate a personal passion for and knowledge of gardening, horticulture or environmental issues.
- 3 years’ experience working in the preserve / horticultural field (public gardens / preserves preferred) or combination of education and experience
- Motivated and responsible. Regular and consistent attendance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Maintain a current pesticide license
- Strong proficiency and experience in safe operation and care of assorted landscaping equipment, including but not limited to: tractors, brush-hogs, zero turn mower, backpack blowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, golf carts, ladders, hand tools, and general garage equipment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a customer service attitude, and be comfortable working with the public.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
- Ability to independently lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather, including, rain, snow, and extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Ability to push, pull, climb, dig, work on uneven surfaces, and perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Victoria Laubach at [email protected].