Natural Lands, a vibrant, regional, nonprofit organization and leader in land conservation, natural resource stewardship, and public engagement, seeks a Preserve Manager to join our team. This position oversees properties in New Jersey.
Since the early 1950s, Natural Lands has saved open space, cared for nature, and connected people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Today, the organization is one of the nation’s largest regional land conservancies and is widely respected for its record of success, technical expertise, respectful and creative approach to partnerships, fiscal strength, and integrity.
Over the course of its nearly 70-year history, Natural Lands has helped preserve more than 135,000 acres including a network of 42 nature preserves and one public garden across two states and 13 counties. These properties total 23,000 acres and include many of the most spectacular and diverse properties in the region, which are enjoyed by more than 300,000 visitors annually.
Natural Lands seeks to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger. We aim to build a workplace where employees feel empowered to be their full, authentic selves. We welcome you to explore a career at Natural Lands.
Performs land management and building maintenance to protect designated properties. Works to cultivate positive relationships, build support, and elevate general understanding of the Natural Lands’ mission and the role of the preserves while promoting appropriate public use.
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management or equivalent experience
• Professional demeanor, positive customer service attitude, comfortable working with the general public
• Experienced in the safe use and maintenance of hand and power tools
• Highly motivated and responsible, able to work independently, with little supervision
• Must carry out tasks in a professional manner and have an aptitude for injecting positive energy and good humor into work and social situations
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and electronic communications
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a good driving record
• Successfully pass a background check
• Regular and consistent attendance is required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Capable of performing a wide variety of physically demanding tasks necessary for the maintenance of the various preserves. This may include sitting, standing, bending, and squatting on uneven terrain, walking, climbing, and lifting and pushing up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Must be available to occasionally work on weekends, evenings, and holidays as requested to fulfill their responsibilities.
• Must be prepared to work outdoors under all conditions, including heat, cold, and with occasional exposure to poison ivy, biting and stinging insects, etc.
Natural Lands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We aim to build a workplace where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
How to Apply
Visit our website at https://natlands.org/everything-else/careers/job-openings/ and complete the online application process.
Please address all applications to: Kelsey Gvozdich, Esq., Human Resources Generalist.