Public Engagement Lead
Pennsylvania Parks and Forest Foundation
Reports To: President
Mission: PPFF’s mission is to inspire stewardship of Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Vision: To be the trusted voice and advocate to sustain and enhance Pennsylvania’s state parks and forests.
Operating Values: * Integrity * Conservation *Excellence *Diversity *Innovation *Inclusion
Public Engagement Lead: If you love to build relationships, share your enthusiasm for an important cause, and impact critical programs, the position of Public Engagement Lead at the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation may be right for you. Reporting to the President, the Public Engagement Lead will be an integral part of a dynamic team and is responsible for utilizing the appropriate tools and strategies to advance our mission, educate decision makers, motivate the public to engage, and build a base of stakeholders interested in the conservation and stewardship of our state parks and forests.
The Public Engagement Lead will use social and print media, storytelling, and events to engage stakeholders in our mission and to support our work. The right candidate will be able to represent PPFF well—our work, our principles, and values—and be part of a team to expand resources—human and capital, to advance mission.
He/she will work cooperatively with staff and volunteers to tell the story of our work, the work of the friends groups, and to inspire desired actions.
Position Essential Functions
- Develop and implement engagement campaigns and activities to promote awareness, involvement, and loyalty towards PPFF and our programs.
- Write content for and proofread newsletters, media, brochures, letters and other materials for grammar, style and content.
- Tell the story of our work to support fundraising endeavors.
- Develop communication strategies for programs, initiatives, and events
- Understand our work and use social media platforms to tell the story and engage the public to action.
- Assist with special event and advocacy day planning, sponsor solicitation, organization, and marketing.
- Plan and coordinate special volunteer days and corporate engagement days; work with chapters in promoting their volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate presentations on our work and projects for team members and volunteers to build awareness. These include virtual programming.
- Prepare annual, project, and initiative communication plans as per the strategic plan
- Coordinate print media through press releases, media releases, letters-to-the editor, etc.
- Work with local chapter friends groups
- Assist the board of directors as needed.
- Assist in implementing the overall PPFF development, membership and strategic plans.
- Maintain wide list of media contacts and respond to media calls in timely manner to support earned and paid media.
Position Essential Requirements
- Ability to think creatively, generate new ideas, develop and execute strategies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects within budget. Willingness to work independently and in small teams, across organization and inter-organizationally.
- Strong written & verbal skills. Strong organizational, administrative, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation and passion for the outdoors.
- Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, social media platforms, Canva. Video experience a plus.
- Ability to work Saturdays and evenings as necessary-travel required.
- Ability to withstand long periods of sitting, extensive computer work; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- BA or BS in public relations, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
Location: Position based in the Camp Hill, PA office (when we get back to offices).
Financial: Hourly Rate: starting at $18.00/hour, 28-30 hours per week with possibility for growth.
Benefits: Simple IRA after one year and 1000 hours. Flex time. Vacation after one year service
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: Marci Mowery, 704 Lisburn Road, Suite 102, Camp Hill, PA 17011 or email [email protected]
Deadline to Apply: Accepting applications and interviewing until position filled.