Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
The Staff Accountant will assist the Controller in maintaining and overseeing all accounting functions and provide Natural Lands’ staff with accurate and timely financial reporting.
Year one will involve rotating through various positions to develop a broad base of organizational understanding. See the second page of the full job description for details.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for advancement for a dedicated professional who demonstrates the required skill described in detail below.
- Responsible for all monthly close procedures and deadlines
- Maintain investment schedule allocations
- Assist in the development of internal controls and policies
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly reporting for management
- Monthly budget vs. actual Reports – Identify and report cost variances
- Quarterly Operations reports
- Manage multiple aspects of the general ledger
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare G/L reconciliations
- Report and resolve any identified issues
- Assist in preparation of annual Budgets and Forecasts
- Assist in preparation for annual Audit and Tax Return (Form-990)
- Provide back-up support for all accounting related functions
- Special Projects as assigned by the VP Finance and Administration and Controller
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with at least two years accounting work experience. Auditing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles and functions
- Possess strong analytical skills, is well organized and has an eye for details
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify issues and recommend solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Good communication skills
- Excellent computer skills. Must be proficient with MS Office especially MS Excel
- Knowledge of and prior experience with database setup (FileMaker) and Microsoft Business Central a plus
Join the staff at the beautiful Natural Lands’ headquarters on the Hildacy Preserve in Media, Pennsylvania. We seek to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger. We aim to build a workplace where employees feel empowered to be their full, authentic selves. We welcome you to explore a career at Natural Lands.
Natural Lands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Click here to apply using Natural Lands’ online application system. All correspondence should be addressed to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources.