The Chesapeake Watershed Investments for Landscape Defense (WILD) Grant Program 2023 request for proposals was released in February, consistent with the Chesapeake WILD Framework. Developed by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services (FWS) in partnership with the Chesapeake Conservation Partnership, the Chesapeake WILD Program supports efforts to conserve, steward, and enhance fish and wildlife habitats and related conservation values in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
The WILD program pillars are:
- Fish and Wildlife Habitats
- Climate Change
- Community Partnership
- Public Access
- Water Quality
Dates of activities are subject to change and contingent on the availability of funding. Check the program page of the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) website for the most current dates and information:
- Starting 23rd Feb, 3-5 PM (ET), running through late march: Virtual Proposal Labs with NFWF Staff Mike Slattery and Faren Wolter. Interested applicants may schedule virtual project consultations here.
- Friday, March 3rd, 1:00p (ET): Applicant Informational Webinar. Interested applicants must register in advance here in order to participate. NFWF will also record and post the webinar to the Chesapeake Bay Stewardship Fund webpage shortly after its conclusion.
- Thursday, March 9th, 1:00p (ET): FieldDoc Informational Webinar. Interested applicants must register in advance here in order to participate.
- Thursday, April 20th, 11:59pm (ET): Proposal Due Date.
- April – August 2023: Proposal Review Period.
- September 2023 (anticipated): Awards Announced.