Natural Lands’ annual ChesLen Chase for Open Space has gone virtual this year. Registered runners can choose their own race length, pace, and location. Proceeds benefit Natural Lands’ work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors across the region.
Dates: Saturday, October 10, through Sunday, October 18
Distances: 2 miles, 5K, 10K, half marathon, or Chase Challenge (complete the 2 miles, 5K, 10K, and half-marathon)
Team Dirt vs Team Asphalt: Both trail runners and road runners (or walkers) are welcome! Natural Lands is pitting the teams against each other for some friendly competition.
Registration fee (any distance): $35, which includes a race t-shirt, medal, Team Dirt or Team Asphalt
sticker, and virtual bib.
How it works:
Choose your side: Team Dirt or Team Asphalt.
• Register for your preferred distance.
• Pick your favorite tracking app.
• Walk, run, or hike your chosen distance any time between Saturday, October 10, and Sunday, October 18.
• You pick the location! Your distance walk, run, or hike can be in your neighborhood, on a treadmill, at a nature preserve, or any combination. Natural Lands’ 19 featured preserves and one public garden are all free of charge and welcome everyone. Find a list of locations at natlands.org/visit.
• After completing your chosen distance, enter your results online.
“Although we’re disappointed that we can’t all come together in-person for the seventh annual ChesLen Chase, we’re excited about the options we’re able to offer virtually,” said Oliver Bass, president of Natural Lands. “During these long months of the COVID-19 pandemic, our nature preserves never closed. It was important to us that these beautiful properties be a resource for the community. So many people have been flocking outdoors… we hope they’ll register for ChesLen Chase and give a little back to nature.”
For more information, visit natlands.org/Chase2020.
ChesLen Chase is sponsored by Nuventra Pharma Sciences.