DCNR is partnering with the Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC) and will utilize the online Trail Implementation and Management (TIM) tool for the collection of all trail gap data.
To assist with the submission of trail gaps, PEC is offering a webinar on June 28th, 12:30-1:30 to cover more in-depth function of the TIM tool. The webinar will be recorded and made available for later viewing.
For those who would like to start immediately submitting data for your trail gaps, DCNR is asking trail managers to:
- Visit the TIM tool.
- Follow the instructions then complete the “intake form” for each of your trail gaps along the section(s) of trail your organization manages.
- Once the basic information is provided through the intake form, the information will be processed within 7 to 10 days and trail managers will be emailed with instructions on how to access the TIM.
- Complete Trail Gap Profile within the TIM.
Only trail managers should submit the requested data.
DCNR is seeking gap data for trails (non-motorized or motorized) that meet the following criteria:
- Trails that are a majority off-road or are planned to have a majority off-road alignment
- Trails that are planned to be at least 5 miles long
- Trails that connect multiple municipalities and/or counties
- Trails that are formally recognized in an official planning document
The data collection effort is expected to continue through September 30, 2022.
Questions? Contact Chris Corbran, PEC Program Coordinator at [email protected].