Lancaster Farmland Trust is an approved National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) Technical Assistance Provider. This means that the Trust is certified to provide technical support, manage projects, and submit and manage grants on behalf of beneficiaries which can include local governments, nonprofit organizations, and conservation districts.
By working together, the Trust can help you with:
- increased access to funding
- technical expertise
- project management
Types of Projects the Trust Can Help With
- Conduct municipal-wide inventories and assessments of best management practices on farms
- Provide public education and outreach to farmers to satisfy municipal MS4 MCM requirements
- Perform watershed-wide based MapShed analysis to assist in development of Chesapeake Bay Reduction plans.
- Provide Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping services to prioritize parcels for preservation, restoration, and storm water management, including legacy sediment removal.
- Review capital improvement budgets and infrastructure projects to identify opportunities for cost savings and using “green” methods to save money, reduce implementation time, and provide strategies.
- Help develop ordinances and policies requiring conservation plans.
- Assist in developing comprehensive open space plans.
- Provide assistance to local, state, and national conservation organizations to increase capacity and improve effectiveness.