This post adapted from a post by American Trails.
Pennsylvania, let’s make sure our beautiful trails we are well represented in this photo contest–just make sure your photos are from National Recreation Trails recognized in the NRT database (map here for reference).
American Trails sponsors the annual contest for photographs of designated National Recreation Trails across the country. Their annual contest provides awards in several categories and shows off entries (and previous winners) on the NRT website. The goal is to highlight the broad diversity of the NRTs and to make more Americans familiar with these great trails.
They’re looking for:
- good photos of trail users as well as special facilities;
- art on the trails;
- management related images;
- and volunteers.
They also want to see entries that cover the many types and uses of National Recreation Trails throughout America.
They give awards in the following categories. Photos will be considered for all relevant categories.
- Hiking and Walking
- Paddling and Water Trails
- Off-Highway Vehicle riding
- Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Dogsledding
- Trail Sharing
- Training and Education
- Trail Work
- Youth and Volunteers
- Health and Fitness
- Urban Trails and Greenways
- Rail and Canal Trails
- Historic Features
- Scenery and Natural Features
- Arts and Interpretation
- Innovative Facilities
- Environmental Features, Flora, and Fauna
- The Trail as Photographic Inspiration
To view past entries and to learn how to submit your photos, click here for more info.