Note: This event is SOLD OUT. If you’d like to be added to a waiting list for this or future chainsaw safety trainings, please email Carol Grayshaw at [email protected].
Classroom and Project Site
Our host for this workshop is Lancaster Conservancy. The classroom and project site are located at:
9 New Village Rd
Holtwood, PA 17532 [map it]
Friday, March 10 | 6PM – 8:30PM
Introduction to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Why is it necessary?
- Where can you buy it?
Basic Chainsaw Features and Maintenance
- What are the safety features of a modern chainsaw?
- Daily and weekly chainsaw maintenance
Saturday, March 11 | 9AM – 4PM
Reactive Forces (classroom)
- Understanding them, and preventing serious injury
Chainsaw-cutting activities (on-site)
- Hazard analysis of the area
- Chainsaw handling and safe use while assisting with project for the host site
- Hard hat
- Leather gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection
- Sturdy leather boot with an aggressive sole
- Chainsaw Chaps (if attendees do not own a pair, chaps will be provided)
- Dress for the weather
Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) when operating a chainsaw is critical, and yet many people are unaware it exists. If you or a loved one uses a chainsaw, this video is a must watch.