Chest Creek Watershed Alliance
Mission or Purpose
The mission of the CCWA is to improve and protect the quality and the beauty of Chest Creek and to enhance life in the Chest Creek Watershed by:
- Protecting and enhancing open space and natural areas in the Watershed and providing opportunities for the enjoyment of these natural areas;
- Promoting wise use and management of natural resources in the Watershed, especially when interacting with property owners and issues which affect the water quality of the Chest Creek;
- Promoting awareness and appreciation of environmental issues through education so that the community can make sound choices for a sustainable, ecologically healthy future;
- Assessing, monitoring, reclaiming and controlling areas of the Watershed affected by AMD;
- Organizing exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
- Establish environmental education and monitoring programs within the school districts.