London Britain Township Land Trust
Mission or Purpose
- Serve the needs of London Britain Township (LBT) in the preservation, conservation, and stewardship of historic sites and open space, including important agriculturally productive lands and natural areas;
- Assist the LBT Board of Supervisors and the LBT Planning Commission in decisions regarding open space planning and land acquisition;
- Assist landowners in London Britain Township who wish to pursue conservation objectives in their plans for their properties;
- Establish an endowment fund to provide operating revenue for acquisition of land and interest in land, and for stewardship and planning activities;
- Provide liaison with environmental, agricultural, conservation and historic preservation organizations and promote the services each organization offers;
- Acquire land in fee, purchase development rights, and accept lands and conservation easements from donors, including developers, that are required to set aside lands by subdivision or land development regulations;
- Establish management procedures with homeowners associations;
- Work with LBT staff in efforts to better manage and improve existing open space areas and greenways.
PO Box 215
Kemblesville, PA, 19347-0215
Land Conservation Figures in PA
Total Acres Conserved
Acres Under Easement
Other Acres Protected‡
Figures accurate as of 01/01/2020
† Pertains to land that has been acquired by the land trust and then reconveyed to a local, county or state, state or federal government entity for conservation purposes.
‡ Other pertains to assistance in transactions including preparation and negotiation work and/or the reconveyance of land to another private conservation organization.