Ross Township EAC
Environmental Advisory Council
Mission or Purpose
The Ross Township Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) is a seven member council that will be used to advise other local government agencies, including but not limited to, the Planning Commission, Parks and Recreation Department, and elected officials, on matters dealing with protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources including air, land and water resources, located within its territorial limits. The Ross EAC has the following powers:
- Identify environmental problems.
- Recommend plans and programs to the appropriate agencies for the promotion and conservation of the natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment within Ross Township.
- Make recommendations as to the possible use of open land areas in Ross Township.
- Promote a community environmental program.
- Keep an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including but not limited to, flood prone areas, swamps, and other unique natural areas.
- Advise the appropriate local government agencies in the acquisition of property, both real and personal.
- To undertake such environmental tasks as requested by the Board of Commissioners.