Thornbury Township EAC
Environmental Advisory Council
Mission or Purpose
The Environmental Advisory Council shall have the following powers:
- Identify environmental problems.
- Recommend plans and programs to the appropriate agencies for the promotion and conservation of the natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment within the area of Thornbury Township.
- Make recommendations as to the possible use of open land areas of the Township of Thornbury.
- Promote a community environmental program.
- Maintain an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned including, but not limited to, flood prone areas, wetlands and other unique natural areas.
- Advise the appropriate local governmental agencies in the acquisition of property, both real and personal.
- Undertake such other environmental tasks as requested by the Board of Supervisors of the Township of Thornbury.