Uwchlan Township EAC
Environmental Advisory Council
Mission or Purpose
- Increase public awareness, education and involvement regarding environmental issues.
- Assist the Township Board of Supervisors in developing policy recommendations related to sustainable practices and supporting environmental education and involvement initiatives in the community.
- Promote sound management of water resources, stormwater runoff, natural resources, recycling opportunities and beneficial gardening and wildlife preservation in the Township.
- Continue EAC member education through interaction with the community, regional, and local environmental organizations to stay informed of the latest environmental regulations and trends to make Uwchlan Township a leader in environmental issues in Chester County.
- Evaluate available funding opportunities to facilitate implementation of environmentally-beneficial projects in the Township through local, state and federal grants.