WeConservePA was created 30 years ago by Pennsylvania’s land conservation organizations because they recognized the need for an association that could focus on the broad needs of the conservation movement — to take on activities that no one organization could effectively handle or wish to handle on its own. As a voting member organization, your staff, board, and volunteers will be an essential part of a partnership that advances the work of Pennsylvania’s conservation organizations.
Nearly all Pennsylvania land trusts are members of WeConservePA. By choosing to be a part of WeConservePA, you invest in the future of conservation, helping organizations become stronger and more effective, while also advancing conservation more generally.
Benefits of Organization Membership
Your membership is crucial to support WeConservePA’s work to help conservation practitioners improve their effectiveness. As a member organization, you will also benefit from:
- Advocacy for your interests. WeConservePA advocates or public policy supportive of your work–from increasing state grants for lands, protecting land trusts from liability, ensuring the enforceability of easements, etc.
- Cutting-edge information. WeConservePA tracks the trends and issues that can impact your work, helping you stay ahead of the curve.
- Direct technical and financial assistance. WeConservePA can help with everything from finding the answers to confounding questions to providing money for easement projects.
- Comprehensive resources. WeConservePA will continue expanding ConservationTools.org, developing more guidance, model documents, mapping resources, and other tools that are available nowhere else.
- Training and networking opportunities. Learn from experts and connect with colleagues at the annual Land Conservation Conference, as well as other educational and networking sessions around the state.
Regular voting membership is open to nonprofit organizations who support WeConservePA’s goals and who: acquire land or conservation easements for conservation purposes; or provide stewardship of land or conservation easements; or assist organizations in accomplishing land trust work; or generally advance the cause of land and water conservation.
Questions? Please contact [email protected].
If you feel you do not meet the requirements to be a voting member, you can still strengthen the association by joining as an Affiliate Member today.